Sports Therapy entails a higher level of training that includes a wider set of skills and supporting knowledge.
If there is pain or discomfort, loss of mobility or restriction of movement we, as soft tissue specialists, can treat and hopefully cure. If there is a sporting activity or a training schedule being followed regular treatments can enhance performance and an ongoing relationship with the practitioner can only make this even more effective.. It is widely accepted that sports therapy includes:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Sports massage
- Ethics and Professionalism
- Advanced Manual Therapy Skills
- Injury assessment and treatment
- Gait analysis
- Rehabilitation from injury
- First Aid and advanced trauma care
- Taping for Sport
- Other areas sometimes included are Electrotherapy, Strength & Conditioning, and/or Sports Nutrition.